Peabody Fire Alert Acceptable Use Policy
AS USED HEREIN, THE TERMS "You" "Your" "Yours" "Yourself" "User", "Users", "Subscriber" and "Subscribers" SHALL MEAN ANY SUBSCRIBER TO THE Peabody Fire Alert SERVICES.
THE TERMS "STI" "Company" "We" "Our" AND "Us" SHALL MEAN SYMPOSIUM TECHNOLOGIES USA INCORPORATED.
THE TERMS "Service", "Services" and "Peabody Fire Alert Services" SHALL MEAN THE Peabody Fire Alert SERVICES OFFERED BY STI TO SUBSCRIBERS AND PUBLIC SAFETY AGENCIES THROUGH THE Peabody Fire Alert WEBSITE AND DATABASE.
THE TERMS "Subscriber Account" SHALL MEAN THE NON-"SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNT INFO" DATA ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF Peabody Fire Alert , INCLUDING ACCESS CREDENTIALS, ACCESS HISTORY, VERIFICATION HISTORY, AND ANY FORMAL, TECHNICAL, OR OTHER NON-SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNT INFO-BASED INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF Peabody Fire Alert .
THE TERM "Website" SHALL MEAN THE Peabody Fire Alert WEBSITE, LOCATED AT PeabodyFireAlert.com .
This Acceptable Use Policy describes actions that STI prohibits when You use the Website and/or Peabody Fire Alert Services. The Acceptable Use Policy is governed by our Terms of Service. Our Terms of Service take precedence over any conflicting Acceptable Use Policy provision. IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OR MAKE USE OF THE Peabody Fire Alert SERVICES PROVIDED BY STI, YOU MUST FIRST READ THIS AGREEMENT ENTITLED "SYMPOSIUM TECHNOLOGIES USA INC Peabody Fire Alert ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (THE "AGREEMENT") AND ACCEPT IT. YOU MAY NOT AVAIL YOURSELF OF THE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND THE POLICIES THEREIN. YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT BY ENTERING YOUR NAME IN THE INPUT BOX NEXT TO "I AGREE" AND CLICKING "I AGREE", OR BY USING THE Peabody Fire Alert WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES. BY ENTERING YOUR NAME IN THE INPUT BOX NEXT TO "I AGREE" AND CLICKING "I AGREE", YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AND YOU USE THIS WEBSITE ANYWAY, THEN YOU ARE BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED YOUR NAME IN THE INPUT BOX NEXT TO "I AGREE" AND CLICKED "I AGREE".
STI may in its sole discretion determine whether You are in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. The Services may be used only for lawful purposes and may not be used for any illegal activities. Using the Services in an illegal, abusive or any other manner that interferes with or diminishes others' use and enjoyment of the Services is prohibited.
Please note that any section headings in this Agreement are provided solely for Your convenience, and do not constitute or modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The following list gives examples of illegal, abusive, interfering or otherwise unacceptable or inappropriate behavior while using the Services. This list is provided by way of example and shall not be considered exhaustive.
* Adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of STI's Services.
* Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of STI's Services.
* Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to STI, to any user of our Services, or to any of our or their respective customers.
* Testing or reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities.
* Using the Services in any manner that may subject STI or any third party to liability, damages or danger.
* Using the Services in any manner that violates any applicable third party policies or requirements that STI has communicated to the customer.
* Using the Services in any manner that violates the Mobile Marketing Association guidelines and/or best practices, carrier guidelines, or any other industry standards.
* Engaging in fraud with respect to Your Subscriber Account.
* Using Your Subscriber Account to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties or otherwise using Your Subscriber Account to bypass phone identification systems.
* Using any of the STI Trademarks other than as expressly permitted in the Terms of Service.
* Transmitting any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright or rights of publicity or otherwise violating, infringing, or misappropriating the rights of any third party.
* Engaging in spamming or other unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act, and Bill C-37, An Act to amend the Telecommunications Act.
* Using the Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including but not limited to unsolicited or unwanted phone calls SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes.
* Using SMS in a manner that is not designed to enhance or augment the person-to-person nature of SMS communications.
* Promoting or engaging in illegal activities.
* Engaging in activities or transmitting through the Services any information that may be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
* Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers, from the Peabody Fire Alert website without their express consent.
* Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call using Your account.
* Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
* Violating or facilitating the violation of any U.S., Canadian or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software.
* Interfering with or disrupting networks connected to the Services or violating the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
* Improperly engaging in activity which the United States Federal Communications Commission, the Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission, or any other similar regulatory body have restricted or regulated with regard to proper use of the public telephony network.
* Using the Services, or a component of the Services, in a manner not authorized by STI.
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in the immediate suspension or termination of Your account, civil and/or criminal liability, and STI may, in addition to any remedy that it may have at law or in equity, terminate permission for You to use the Services. In such event, You are still liable for any and all outstanding charges accumulated through Your use of the Services, including uses in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or the laws of any jurisdiction. In addition, STI may investigate incidents that are contrary to this Acceptable Use Policy and provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to STI stating that they have been harmed by Your failure to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. STI's failure to enforce this policy in each and every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of STI's rights hereunder.
Changes To The Acceptable Use Policy
We reserve the right to change the Acceptable Use Policy from time to time without notice by posting changes to STI's website. When we do, we will also revise the "last update" date of the Acceptable Use Policy. Your continued use of the Peabody Fire Alert Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by You of such amendment.
YOU AS A SUBSCRIBER AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO, ALL OF THE ABOVE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.